Outwood Grange Academy’s careers programme is committed to developing a whole school approach in providing every student with up to date, impartial, independent and varied careers education, information, advice and guidance defined by the CDI framework and Gatsby standards. This will help to ensure that each student has high aspirations and is fully prepared for their next steps in education, training and employment beyond their time at Outwood Grange Academy.
The Academy works in partnership with Progress Careers, an external, independent and impartial careers guidance service. They provide support for information and discussion in lessons and assemblies as well as helping to organise activities and events such as careers fairs. They provide access to career advisers in a variety of ways including individual meetings, drop-in sessions, learning pathway planning and results days. They also assist with information and updates on notice boards, plasma screens and websites.
Career advisors are also available to provide personalised CEIAG to students who are not attending the academy such as those at hospital schools or other alternative provision.
Generic events across all year groups
- National Careers Week Assemblies with tutor lesson activities.
- Progress Career Staff and student resources available via school portal
- Drop Down Days with employer interactions
- Signposted lessons - Future Fit Videos
- Cultural Capital information on TV screens and in Tutor lessons with Careers link (Culture Shock)
- STEM Fair - July
- Destination data to inform planning
- Varied trips run throughout the year with a careers focus
- Over 100 enrichments a week
- Model United Nations
- CCF Cadet Force
- Symposium Lectures (P16)
- My Kind of Future (P16)
- Elephant Group (P16)
- Live virtual careers talks promoted across all years throughout the year (available in school and out of school)
- Career of the week
- Careers inc presentations in tutor lessons
- Votes for schools referenced to careers (career launchpad)
- Apprenticeship display (Restaurant)
- Post 16 at OGA (Restaurant)
- Art Careers (Outside AC2:01)
- Geography Careers (In classrooms)
- Science Careers (Outside S11)
- Careers in Leeds region (Outside U1)
- Design Technology Careers (DT Corridor)
- Maths careers (L Block)
- English P16 courses (Outside U51)
- Frequent careers information on TV screens in Restaurants
- University Prospectus library (P16 Library)